- Image via Wikipedia
Happy Sinkie Day! The day after Thanksgiving is oftentimes referred to as “Sinkie” day because many people eat leftovers (mmm turkey!) over the sink all day long. Unfortunately I am at work today … although after 3pm I’ll be listening to the Oregon State Beavers play the University of Oregon Ducks in our annual Civil War game. If we can win this game, we’ll be headed to the Rose Bowl for the first time in 44 years. Talk about excitement!
- my health – I live with chronic pain that may or may not have a spondyloarthropathy with fibromyalgia diagnosis (we’re working that out right now) but even though I have an invisible illness, things could be worse. I continue to pray that my health will be fully restored so that I can feel more like myself.
- my camera – right now I’m not using the best of cameras, but I have a machine to capture little moments of my life with. It works, and one day, LORD willing I’ll have a better piece of machinery in my hands.
- crackers – I like crackers a whole bunch. Saltines, Cheeze-it’s, Ritz, Oyster, VDog, I love ’em all.
- lotion – it makes my elbows and my knees smooth, and my hands soft. Unscented lotion is my favorite, but sometimes I can deal with the scents.
- the Bible – cliche to say it, but it’s my favorite book. I am working my way through it from beginning to end and am slowly getting through Judges. I love to learn things from this history book and seeing my Maker revealed in it is amazing.
- olives – black, green, purple, they are all fantastic. They’re even better when they’re stuffed full of cheese!
- The University of South Carolina‘s Arnold School of Public Health – headed there soon for an amazing graduate education experience … LORD-willing.
What are you thankful for?