- Image via Wikipedia
As I write this I am 10 days post-surgery. I have all sorts of holes in my body that I did not opt to have put there (technically) and wish that at least one of them had a ring or a bar in it. My nose, soon enough, will have something. Can’t wait to be one-hundred-percent healed!
Realizations about the last ten days include:
1. I have watched more movies than should be legally allowed. Unless you’ve had surgery of course.
2. I missed four full days of work but don’t feel guilty about it.
3. I also have had to leave work early twice this week during healing and don’t feel guilty about that anymore either.
4. Guilt gets me no where.
5. On Wednesday and Thursday I’ve had some “breakthrough” pain that was bad enough to make me gasp and at one point I was in tears. My doc wants me to take my pain meds like I was told. He thinks this could be the problem.
6. I am not Wonder Woman.
7. I am not Super Woman either.
8. I wish I were one or the other. That’d be fun.
9. Asking for help is hard, but worth it. Without it I would probably have torn stitches, still be miserable, and my friends would hate me for not admitting I needed help.
10. I am ready to feel normal again. I am tired of not feeling well, tired of being tired, tired of not being able to exercise and tired of not being me!
Related articles by Zemanta
- Michelle Obama comic book to be released in April — chicagotribune.com (tsurch.com)
- ‘Wonder’-ful Plans Ahead (pinkisthenewblog.com)
- Happy Birthday David Cronenberg! (takepart.com)
- My Transformation to Cyborg Has Begun! (wired.com)
- what they really don’t tell you in medical school (cutonthedottedline.wordpress.com)