The holidays are stressful for a lot of people. I have two gifts left to buy and am hoping that getting those two gifts won’t be a stressful process, so I’m not too freaked out. For those of you who are stressed right now. Calm down, finish reading this entry, do one thing (or more!) on the list and try to relax a bit!
1. Take a hot bath with some fantastic bubbles or a salt soak. One of my favorite products to use while in a hot bath is Aveeno Stress Relief Foaming Bath. The smell of lavender and ylang ylang is very nice when you’re stressed out. Another product I love to use is a 3-in-1 shampoo, cleansing gel and bubble bath that smells like vanilla birthday cake by philosophy. It smells so good you’ll want to eat it, but just soak yourself in it instead.
2. Go for a walk. Get outside, or even walk on a treadmill, but get up and move around. Exercise has been shown to be a definite stress reducer. Whether you decide to venture into the cold (remember your hat, you lose 7-55% of your body heat through your head!) or sweatin’ with Richard Simmons in your living room, just move around!
3. Smile! Laugh! Enjoy yourself! Laughing reduces endorphins that are critical in reducing stress. Need something funny to check out? My recommendations include: LOL Cats, LOL Celebs or XKCD.
4. Vent to someone you trust, or to strangers you’ve never met before. I keep a personal blog I share some pretty strange things on … and I’m sharing them to get them out of my head and into the world. I really don’t care too much what people think about my venting, and for me it’s an intense stress reliever.
5. Brew a cup of tea, or if you can stand it while you’re anxious, have a cup of good coffee. I don’t like to add to my heart rate when I’m stressed and so I go for one of the teas from Yogi Tea. My favorite tea right now from Yogi Teas is their Berry DeTox. Even though for me it’s only a mental detox, sometimes tea is powerful enough to just do that! If you want, Yogi Tea is willing to send you a free sample!
What do you like to do to destress?