Instead of five challenges for the week, I’ve decided to let you in on some personal stuff about yours truly! Five things about me, you probably didn’t know!
1. For 24 years of my life, I had hair so straight you could use it to draw lines with. After my divorce, my hair changed. I don’t know whether it was stress, a diet change, new exercise, or just age, but I woke up one morning with wavy hair! I can blow dry it straight, but if I just let it air dry, my hair now has significant amounts of wave to it. I kinda like the change. Maybe in another 24 years it’ll go back to being straight!
2. I’m in the middle of some unidentifiable health woes. Since last December I’ve been achey. Some days are better than others, but for the most part, I wake up achey and stiff and get looser as the day goes on. Sometimes by the end of the day I’ve stiffened back up, though, and all I can think about is sleeping. I finally saw a physician about it last week and tests were run. I am ONE point away on lab test from being diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis. My doctor is sending me to a rhematologist to see about other tests, but for now I have to wait.
3. I work full-time as a bank teller. While I love my job, it isn’t my passion and so I’m planning on graduate school. My first choice is the University of South Carolina in Columbia, SC. I want to go into public health – women’s sexual health education, primarily with an emphasis on HIV/AIDS prevention. THAT is my passion.
4. I read all the time. I’m always in the middle of one book. I read one book at a time. My favorite book is the book Ephesians in the Bible. My favorite book-book is The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver. In fact, I love all of Kingsolver’s books and absolutely recommend them to you!
5. I love cheese. I have never met a cheese I didn’t get along with. I feel the same way about mustard.
photo credit: Craig Hatfield