photo credit: isaac bowen
On Fridays, I am going to encourage you to do five different things in the next seven days. Those things may range from small to big, but I’m going to try to challenge my readers. If you’re up for taking the challenge, leave me a comment and I’ll add you to a list on this (and every following Friday’s) post!
By next Friday, I challenge you to do the following five things!
1. Go for a walk. Take ten minutes, take a half-an-hour, take two hours even and go for a walk. Walk slow, walk fast, or walk in-between, but get outside and go for a walk. Take your pet, take your spouse, take your children, but get outside and walk around!
2. Write a hand-written note or letter to someone. We’re so dependent on emails, blogs and IMs to talk to one another; think about the power of a handwritten note. Drop your mom a card, write a co-woker a “way-to-go!” Post-It note, use your pen and some paper and spread the love.
3. Hide $1 in an old purse or wallet, or the cookie jar, or the junk drawer even. This dollar can help you get more food for less money in the future!
4. Turn off the TV for one hour when you would normally watch it. I don’t care what you do, but turn off the TV and do something else, go outside, meet your neighbors, do something else! Leave me a comment on each of my previous posts if you don’t have anything better to do!
5. Drink 8 glasses of water in one day. It’s not impossible, you can do it! Everyone and everything needs water – do you think you’re getting enough water. Try to get enough one day and then see how you feel!
I’ll be right there with you this week as you strive to try these five new things! Let me know how it goes and remember, change is good!