She doesn’t know it yet* I will be joining Mrs. Flinger on May 3rd to walk for Maddie Spohr and for March of Dimes. I have set up my own donation page on the Seattle for Maddie team for a couple of reasons.
- I couldn’t find a Portland team to walk with. I know there’s a walk in Portland (on the 26th, my work is walking) but I want to walk with a team for Maddie, not my bank’s team. I’m being selfish about it. I’ll walk in both if I can find a team though. I know there’s a Salem team. I could drive there, too.
- I can meet Mrs. Flinger. She can then tell VDog that she got to meet me first. That will make me laugh, ‘specially since I met Mrs. Flinger because of VDog. Yeah, hehehe. (It’s 2:45am, I’m easily entertained.)
- I’m allowing myself to feel some true emotions and some super-connectedness with my friends. Some of these women I’ve never met in person, but the connection is still there. Friendship goes past letters on a screen; clearly. We have bonded over tragedy and many have bent themselves backwards to support Heather and Mike. These women have helped make Maddie’s story news with the LA Times.
I work at a bank and know we’re in a recesssion, and so I purposefully set my goal low so my friends, my family, my coworkers and my blog readers don’t feel the pressure, but every single dollar counts. I also set the goal low so that when my generous friends and family contribute and blow my goal out of the water, I am even more amazed at the power of the internet.
*She doesn’t know it because it’s 3am on Easter Sunday and she should be sleeping. Yes, it’s 3am and I’m awake … I can’t seem to shut off my brain tonight but it got me going to Seattle, so heck, 3am is fine with me.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Madeline Alice (momblognetwork.com)
- National Food Roundup: Creamed Fava BeansFrom Nationwide Newspaper Food Sections 04.08.09 (thekitchn.com)
- Jax and Jaid Nilon Get Excited About Eggs (celebrity-babies.com)
- Look! Carrot Cake Ice Cream from David Lebovitz Los Angeles Times (thekitchn.com)
- For Maddie and for Dan (busymom.net)
- Easter Food Prices Up, Consumers Cutting Back (friendseat.com)