Image by QuintanaRoo via Flickr
Happy Thanksgiving! I hope that this day greets you with your loved ones and lots of food. I will be at my parents house celebrating the giving of thanks with them. Unfortunately my sister had to work today so she won’t be joining us, but I’m sure she’ll be there in spirit.
Let us continue my list of things I’m thankful for.
- the ease of finding things to be thankful for – I’m finding these lists are easier to create than I thought they were going to me. I know I have a lot of things in my life to be thankful for, but the ease at which these entries come out of me surprises me.
- my church – at first I thought the size was going to overwhelm me (the young adult group has over 1,400 members … who show up every Friday night to worship GOD) but the connections I’ve made with people there have been amazing. Solid Rock encourages me to have a personal relationship with Christ instead of following a “religion”.
- my job – I work at a bank, and times could be very dangerous right now, but my bank is doing well and while my job isn’t my passion (oh how I love education and public health), I do well in my position and it pays the bills.
- Mexican food – beans, rice, enchiladas, tacos, nachos, tortilla soup, oh how that makes me hungry for my Thanksgiving dinner now.
- my Epson Stylus CX4600 printer/scanner/fax – it may be out of ink right now but I can still use it’s marvelous scanning ability to scan old family photographs for some amazingly good times.
- bras without wires – this may fall into the “too much information” category, but I’ve recently learned the magic of super-comfortable bras and am totally loving ’em!
- straws – they make drinking things more fun. Hey, it’s the little things sometimes.
What are you thankful for?